Cultural Activity Report
Cultural Activity Report
June 5, 2016 by zuixy
Cultural Activity Report
As a way of experiencing the Humanities beyond your classroom, computer, and textbook, you are asked to do a certain type of cultural activity that fits well with our course and then report on your experience. Your instructor will require you to propose an activity and get instructor approval before you do it and report on it (students should look for any instructions in that respect). Every effort should be made to ensure that this is a hands-on experience (not a virtual one), that this activity fits the HUM 111 class well, and that the activity is of sufficient quality for this university course. The two (2) key types of activities are a museum visit or a performance. Note: This must not be a report on the same activity (and certainly not the same report) as done for another class, like HUM 112. For instance, one might go to the same museum as done for HUM 112, but this HUM 111 report will focus on entirely different works and displays.
1. Visit a museum or gallery exhibition or attend a theater or musical performance before the end of Week 10. The activity (museum or performance) should have content that fits our course well. Have fun doing this.
2. Write a two to three (2-3) page report (500-750 words) that describes your experience.
o Clearly identify the event location, date attended, the attendees, and your initial reaction upon arriving at the event.
o Provide specific information and a description of at least two (2) pieces (e.g., art, exhibits, music, etc.).
o Provide a summary of the event and describe your overall reaction after attending the event.
o Use at least the class text as a reference (additional sources are fine, not necessary unless required by your content). Your report should include connections you make between things observed in your activity and things learned in the course and text.
Visiting a Museum The Baltimore Museum of Art or another local to Baltimore
· It makes sense to approach a museum the way a seasoned traveler approaches visiting a city for the first time. Find out what there is available to see. In the museum, find out what sort of exhibitions are currently housed in the museum and start with the exhibits that interest you.
· If there is a travelling exhibition, its always a good idea to see it while you have the chance. Then, if you have time, you can look at other things in the museum.
· Every effort should be made ahead of time to identify a museum that has items and works one can easily connect to our HUM 111 class and book. Since HUM 111 covers from ancient times to the 1500s AD, it makes more sense to focus on items from that time frame. In general, museums with artistic cultural artifacts and fine arts work better than history museums.
· Any questions about whether a museum-visit activity fits the course and assignment well enough will be decided by the instructor when the student seeks approval for the activity. Any alternative activity outside the normal ones listed here, such as for those limited by disability or distance, will be determined by the instructor. Generally, we do not expect students to travel over an hour to get to an approved activity.
· Take notes as you go through the museum and accept any handouts or pamphlets that the museum staff gives you. While you should not quote anything from the printed material when you do your report, the handouts may help to refresh your memory later.
· The quality of your experience is not measured by the amount of time you spend in the galleries or the number of works of art that you actually see. The most rewarding experiences can come from finding two (2) or three (3) pieces of art or exhibits which intrigue you and then considering those works in leisurely contemplation. Most museums even have benches where you can sit and study a particular piece.
· If you are having a difficult time deciding which pieces to write about, ask yourself these questions: (1) If the museum you are visiting suddenly caught fire, which two (2) pieces of art or exhibits would you most want to see saved from the fire? (2) Why would you choose those two (2) particular pieces?
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA style format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. (Note: Students can find APA style materials located in the course shell for reference).
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Explain the importance of situating a societys cultural and artistic expressions within a historical context.
· Examine the influences of intellectual, religious, political, and socio-economic forces on social, cultural, and artistic expressions
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in the study of world cultures.
· Write clearly and concisely about world cultures using proper writing mechanics.
Answer not yet available
To have this questions done by our pool of professional writers, kindly send us an email.
Email to email@example.com
You can also browse for similar questions here
Website overview of a company
Regulatory, Legal, Ethical, and Accreditation Issues in Research
Top Homework Writers is here for any paper writing help you need!
We guarantee that every piece of work we produce is original. Top Homework Writers has a team of native-speaking experts who are devoted to giving you the best paper writing help. Your work will be 100% original and on time since they always adhere to your instructions, use reputable sources, and quote them appropriately. The referencing styles used by our paper writing help experts are always per university guidelines..
We are dedicated to delivering the safest online payment experience possible, guaranteed confidentiality. That is why we maintain complete confidentiality regarding our customers' orders. Customers' private information is always protected with the highest care and confidentiality. SSL data encryption ensures that all transactions with us are safe and secure, and we provide a variety of payment choices. You can trust Top Homework Writers to keep your personal information private..
Wow Customer Support
Our online support chat is available around the clock to answer any queries about the ordering paper writing help procedure. Our customer service team cares about your satisfaction and will answer any questions you may have along the way. Our experts can assist you in any way possible, whether it's assisting you in putting together the essential points that you're struggling to convey, providing advice, or writing an entire essay.
Top Notch Quality Papers
If you need an essay urgently, or you have been in the “I need help with writing a paper” mode, you can always count on the expertise of our writers to deliver. You can relax knowing that you'll acquire a high-quality paper with our paper writing help services since their arguments are well-defined and presented. We offer help in writing papers that meet or exceed the standards and criteria of colleges and universities. That's why we have a quality assurance team to ensure that our papers help writing services are of the highest quality.
We can help with urgent tasks
Whether you need help writing papers in a matter of hours or a matter of days, we can meet your deadline. All our college paper writers are full-time writers, which means that they know their way around credible scholarly sources, and they can write a lot of pages in a short time. When you work with Top Homework Writers, you can count on us to meet every deadline. To meet your deadline, we work around the clock, even if that means staying up all night..
Pay a fair price
Our paper writing help service stands out from the competition because we put the needs of our customers first and charge lower high-quality paper writing help services. With a large array of papers, customers worldwide recognize the perfect combination of price and professionalism that we offer here at tophomeworkwriters.com