Assignment: Part 1: Basic Math
Assignment: Part 1: Basic Math
Assignment: Part 1: Basic Math
Compute the following averages: a. Ten patients were discharged yesterday. TWo of these discharged patients were hospitalized
3 days, two were hospitalized 4 days, and the restwere in for 5,7,8,1,9, and 2 days, respectively. What was the average number of hospitalized days for this group-correct to one decimal place?
b. During the past week, the following number of cases of measles were reported statewide each day:7 ,5, 12, 18, 22, 14,9. What was the daily average-correct to one decimal place?
c. A hospital reports the following number of autopsies performed each month by the hospital pathologist: 10, 9, 12, 12,7 , 14, 8, 11,9, 11, 13,7 . What was the average number performed monthly-correct to the nearest whole number?
Round to two decimal places:2.
3, Round to the nearest whole number:
a. 40.636 b. 40.666 c. 40.699
a. 40.499 b. 70.555 c. 67.9
5. Convert to a a. 60:80 b. 215 c, 0.03
d. 10.999 e. 18.555 f. 0.095
d. 7,770.4 e. 0.5 f . 55.5
d. 0.66 e. 1.08 f. 718
4. Round to the nearest a. hundred 4,455 b. tenth 4.657 c. thousandth 0.0055 d. million 4,500,000
e. hundredth 63.895 f. ten 77.499 g. thousan d 87 ,485.7
s. 6/50 h. 6:9
percentage-correct to one decimal place:
Convert to the lowest fraction: a. 60/100 d. 33/99 b. e0% e. 10% c. 35/65 f. 5:100 Convert to a decimal-correct to two decimal places:
d. 73% e. 10:90 f. 4outof4
a. b, c.
1112 2115 45/65
O2008 Delmar, Cengage l-earning. A1l rights reserved.
60 Basic Allied Health Statistics and Analysis
8. Given the following rate, ratio, or proportion, determine the decimal equivalent and the correspc*,: : percentage.
Rate/Ratio/Proportion Decimal Equivalent _ Percentage a. 2/100 b. 6125 c. 15:84 d. 360/900
9, Given the following percentages, determine the corresponding decimal equivalent and ratio.
Percentage Decimal Equivalent Ratio a. 83.33% b. 87.5% c. 66.67% d. 40% e. 0.50% f. 0.025%
10, Compute the following-correct to the nearest whole number. a. lf 6 out of 10 patients admitted to the hospital a re discharged in th ree days or less, how ma ny, r-.-
of 12,689 recorded admissions were hospitalized over three days? b. A hospital discharged 2,895 patients in January. lf 3% developed a hospital-based infection, h,:.+
many were affected? c. A hospital reported 14,444 discharges during the past year. lf 35Y. of these patients were seen ir-
consultation, how many discharged patients were seen by a consultant?
Pafi2: HIM Applications
1. Thebasepayforadepartmentaltranscriptionistis$l0anhourforthefirstl,000linesof transcrip:-:- per day. What is the annual cost per line for the 1,000 lines transcribed-correct to the nearest cen:,
2. Additional lines(over1,000 lines) oftranscriptionarepaidatanadditional rateof onecentperline ; transcriptionist averages 1,200 lines per day, what is the transcriptionists annual salary?
3. A new employee is paid $14.50 an hour. A performance evaluation is completed atthe end of the.,:= and it is determined that the employee should receive a3?5% ralse. What will be the new hourly nal:-
4. lf the average record is one-half-inch thick: a. How many records will a shelf-filing system accommodate if each unit of a A-unit system has
=shelves and holds 35 inches of filed charts? b. lf 2 additional units are purchased, how many charts can be filed? c. lf the average record is 3/4 inch thick, how many records will the original 4 units hold?
5. A file room contains 1,720 charts. The department decides to purge 300 charts for digitizing. There are 5 units of 5 shelves each, with each shelf holding 3.5 inches, and the average record is one-hai inch thick.
a. How many inches of shelf space is still available prior to purging? b. How much shelf space (in inches) will be available subsequent to purging? c. Approximately how many one-half-inch charts will fit in the open shelf space after the purge?
02008 Delmar, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.
I MathematicalReview 61
I O. A department needs new equipnnent. The manager receives the following bids from four different ven-I dors. The bids are as follows: Vendor Cost Discount
r a. What would be the final cost for each proposal? I O. Which vendor offers the best deal? t
7, A department leases a scanner at a cost of $1,700 per quarter and three copy machines for $60 per month each. How much must be budgeted for this equipment on an annual basis?
8. The annual budget includes the following items: Office supplies and postage: $2,800 Outsourced staffing: $1 5,350 Travel and conference fees: $3,660 Maintenance contracts: $1,990
Determine the percentage of the total costs bLrdgeted fo! each expense.
9. During the first half of the year, 686 patients were admitted to the cardiovascular care unit. Of these, 79 were readmissions. What percentage were readmitted?
10. The HIM department has two experienced coders and two coders with training but without experience. The hourly pay for the experienced coders is $15 an hour, and for the inexperienced coders, the hourly pay is $12. What is the annual salary for each level of coding?
e2008 Deimar, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.
Top Homework Writers is here for any paper writing help you need!
We guarantee that every piece of work we produce is original. Top Homework Writers has a team of native-speaking experts who are devoted to giving you the best paper writing help. Your work will be 100% original and on time since they always adhere to your instructions, use reputable sources, and quote them appropriately. The referencing styles used by our paper writing help experts are always per university guidelines..
We are dedicated to delivering the safest online payment experience possible, guaranteed confidentiality. That is why we maintain complete confidentiality regarding our customers' orders. Customers' private information is always protected with the highest care and confidentiality. SSL data encryption ensures that all transactions with us are safe and secure, and we provide a variety of payment choices. You can trust Top Homework Writers to keep your personal information private..
Wow Customer Support
Our online support chat is available around the clock to answer any queries about the ordering paper writing help procedure. Our customer service team cares about your satisfaction and will answer any questions you may have along the way. Our experts can assist you in any way possible, whether it's assisting you in putting together the essential points that you're struggling to convey, providing advice, or writing an entire essay.
Top Notch Quality Papers
If you need an essay urgently, or you have been in the “I need help with writing a paper” mode, you can always count on the expertise of our writers to deliver. You can relax knowing that you'll acquire a high-quality paper with our paper writing help services since their arguments are well-defined and presented. We offer help in writing papers that meet or exceed the standards and criteria of colleges and universities. That's why we have a quality assurance team to ensure that our papers help writing services are of the highest quality.
We can help with urgent tasks
Whether you need help writing papers in a matter of hours or a matter of days, we can meet your deadline. All our college paper writers are full-time writers, which means that they know their way around credible scholarly sources, and they can write a lot of pages in a short time. When you work with Top Homework Writers, you can count on us to meet every deadline. To meet your deadline, we work around the clock, even if that means staying up all night..
Pay a fair price
Our paper writing help service stands out from the competition because we put the needs of our customers first and charge lower high-quality paper writing help services. With a large array of papers, customers worldwide recognize the perfect combination of price and professionalism that we offer here at tophomeworkwriters.com