Assignment: Apply Information Literacy
Assignment: Apply Information Literacy
Assignment: Apply Information Literacy
Create a 4-6 page annotated bibliography and summary based on your research related to best practices addressing a current health care problem or issue of interest to you.
For this assessment, you will select and research a current health care problem or issue faced by a health care organization. Read each portion of the assessment carefully and use the Suggested Resources to help you complete the assessment. This assessment provides an opportunity to apply research skills to a current health care problem or issue.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
Competency 1: Apply information literacy and library research skills to obtain scholarly information in the field of health care.
· Identify academic peer-reviewed journal articles relevant to a health care problem or issue and describe the criteria used for the literature search.
· Summarize what was learned from developing an annotated bibliography.
Competency 2: Apply scholarly information through critical thinking to solve problems in the field of health care.
· Assess the credibility and relevance of information sources.
· Analyze academic peer-reviewed journal articles using the annotated bibliography organizational format.
Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others, and that is consistent with expectations for health care professionals.
· Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
· Write following APA style for in-text citations, quotes, and references.
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. At a minimum, be sure to address each point. In addition, you are encouraged to review the performance level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
For this assessment, you will research best practices related to a current health care problem. Your selected problem or issue will be utilized again in Assessment 3. To explore your chosen topic, you should use the first two steps of the Socratic Problem-Solving Approach as described on Campus to aid your critical thinking.
1. View the Assessment Topic Areas media piece linked in the Resources and select one of the health care problems or issues in the media piece to research. Write a brief overview of the selected topic. In your overview:
. Describe the health care problem or issue.
. Describe your interest in the topic.
. Describe any professional experience you have with this topic.
· Conduct a search for scholarly or academic peer-reviewed literature related to the topic and describe the criteria you used to search for articles, including the names of the databases you used.
. You will want to access the applicable Undergraduate Library Research Guide related to your degree (found at the NHS Learner Success Lab) for tips to help you in your search.
. Use keywords related to the health care problem or issue you are researching to select relevant articles.
· Assess the credibility of the information sources you find.
. Determine if the source is from an academic peer-reviewed journal.
. Determine if the publication is current.
. Determine if information in the academic peer-reviewed journal article is still relevant.
· Select four current scholarly or academic peer-reviewed journal articles published during the past three to five years that relate to your topic.
· Explain the relevance of the information sources.
. Describe how the health care problem or issue is addressed in each source.
. Discuss what kind of contribution each source provides on your selected topic.
· Analyze the scholarly literature or academic peer-reviewed journal articles using the annotated bibliography organizational format.
. The purpose of an annotated bibliography is to document a list of references along with key information about each one. The detail about the reference is the annotation. Developing this annotated bibliography will create a foundation of knowledge about the selected topic.
. List the full reference for the source in APA format (author, date, title, publisher, et cetera) and use APA format for the annotated bibliography.
. Make sure the references are listed in alphabetical order, are double-spaced, and use hanging indents.
. Follow the reference with the annotation.
· In your annotation:
. Identify the purpose of the article.
. Summarize the source:
. What are the main arguments?
. What topics are covered?
· Include the conclusions and findings of the article.
· Write your annotation in a paragraph form. The annotation should be approximately 150 words (1 to 3 paragraphs) in length.
· In a separate paragraph or two at the end of the paper, summarize what you learned from your research.
· List the main points you learned about.
· Summarize the main contributions of the sources you chose and how they enhanced your knowledge about the topic.
Example Assessment: You may use the assessment example, linked in the Assessment Example section of the Resources, to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like.
1. Length: At least 4 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page and reference page.
2. Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
3. APA Template: Use the APA Style Paper Template as the paper format and the APA Style Paper Tutorial for guidance. See the Resources for these documents.
4. Written communication: Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
5. Content: Provide a title page and reference page following APA style.
6. References: Use at least four scholarly or academic peer-reviewed journal articles.
7. APA format: Follow current APA guidelines for in-text citation of outside sources in the body of your paper and also on the reference page.
Top Homework Writers is here for any paper writing help you need!
We guarantee that every piece of work we produce is original. Top Homework Writers has a team of native-speaking experts who are devoted to giving you the best paper writing help. Your work will be 100% original and on time since they always adhere to your instructions, use reputable sources, and quote them appropriately. The referencing styles used by our paper writing help experts are always per university guidelines..
We are dedicated to delivering the safest online payment experience possible, guaranteed confidentiality. That is why we maintain complete confidentiality regarding our customers' orders. Customers' private information is always protected with the highest care and confidentiality. SSL data encryption ensures that all transactions with us are safe and secure, and we provide a variety of payment choices. You can trust Top Homework Writers to keep your personal information private..
Wow Customer Support
Our online support chat is available around the clock to answer any queries about the ordering paper writing help procedure. Our customer service team cares about your satisfaction and will answer any questions you may have along the way. Our experts can assist you in any way possible, whether it's assisting you in putting together the essential points that you're struggling to convey, providing advice, or writing an entire essay.
Top Notch Quality Papers
If you need an essay urgently, or you have been in the “I need help with writing a paper” mode, you can always count on the expertise of our writers to deliver. You can relax knowing that you'll acquire a high-quality paper with our paper writing help services since their arguments are well-defined and presented. We offer help in writing papers that meet or exceed the standards and criteria of colleges and universities. That's why we have a quality assurance team to ensure that our papers help writing services are of the highest quality.
We can help with urgent tasks
Whether you need help writing papers in a matter of hours or a matter of days, we can meet your deadline. All our college paper writers are full-time writers, which means that they know their way around credible scholarly sources, and they can write a lot of pages in a short time. When you work with Top Homework Writers, you can count on us to meet every deadline. To meet your deadline, we work around the clock, even if that means staying up all night..
Pay a fair price
Our paper writing help service stands out from the competition because we put the needs of our customers first and charge lower high-quality paper writing help services. With a large array of papers, customers worldwide recognize the perfect combination of price and professionalism that we offer here at tophomeworkwriters.com