Assignment: Adjustment Disorder
Assignment: Adjustment Disorder
Assignment: Adjustment Disorder
· Explain the difference between an adjustment disorder and anxiety disorder. Provide examples to illustrate your rationale.
· Explain the diagnostic criteria for your assigned anxiety disorder. Which is Generalized Anxiety Disorder
· Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for your assigned anxiety disorder. Which is Generalized Anxiety Disorder
· Compare differential diagnostic features of anxiety disorder
· Support your rationale with recent references (<5yrs) to the Learning Resources or other academic resource. Learning Resources Required Readings Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadocks synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer. · Chapter 9, Anxiety Disorders (pp. 387417) · Chapter 11, Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders (pp. 437451) Gabbard, G. O. (2014). Gabbards treatment of psychiatric disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publications. · Chapter 16, Panic Disorder · Chapter 18, Social Anxiety Disorder (Social Phobia) · Chapter 19, Generalized Anxiety Disorder · Chapter 20, Specific Phobia. American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author. · Anxiety Disorders · Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders Stahl, S. M. (2014). Prescribers Guide: Stahls Essential Psychopharmacology (5th ed.). New York, NY: Cambridge University Press. To access information on specific medications, click on The Prescribers Guide, 5th Ed. tab on the Stahl Online website and select the appropriate medication. People who are experiencing severe anxiety as a result of changing circumstances in their lives may be unsure whether they are experiencing a natural reaction to the shift or the beginnings of an anxiety disorder such as generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). To make matters even more complicated, GAD is sometimes confused with other mental health conditions such as adjustment disorder. The distinctions between generalized anxiety disorder and adjustment disorders should be understood. What Is GAD and How Does It Affect You? Significant, persistent, and uncontrollable anxiety and worry over a wide range of events and items are important indicators of GAD. Your anxiety will be all-consuming and out of proportion to the situationyet it could be triggered by nothing at all. You may have the impression that calamity is just around the corner. Youre probably described as a worrier or nervous by your friends and family. If you have GAD, for example, you could request that your loved ones phone you when they get home. You might assume theyve been in a car accident if they dont phone you. You might be concerned about your credit card being stolen or someone following you while you go shopping or out to lunch. Some folks may think youre crazy for being so nervous every day. GAD can make you physically ill. You may suffer anxiety-related bodily symptoms such as: Concentration problems Headaches Insomnia sIrritability Problems with memory Tension in the muscles causes stress. GAD can be incredibly debilitating, preventing you from enjoying everyday life and jeopardizing your relationships. What Is Adjustment Disorder and How Does It Affect You? When people go through a huge life change, they might react in a variety of ways. The stress of these changes can sometimes result in major emotional or behavioral changes that interfere with daily functioning. If this is the case, the person may be suffering from adjustment disorder, which is characterized by a collection of symptoms that appear within three months of a shift and might include severe anxiety. Worry, uneasiness, anxiety, and irritability are common symptoms of adjustment disorder with anxiety, which are often triggered by a specific event. The following are some of the signs and symptoms of adjustment disorder:1 Concentration problems Crying all the time Feeling a little overwhelmed? Are you depressed or hopeless? Having difficulty doing routine daily tasks Withdrawing from friends or activities is a common symptom of depression. Traumatic circumstances, such as the death of a loved one or the loss of a career, can set off adjustment disorder. It can have a substantial influence on your capacity to handle everyday obligations, and in some situations, it can lead to suicidal or self-harming thoughts. How to Distinguish the Two People with GAD frequently have a long and continuous history of anxiety and worry about a wide range of issues. People with adjustment disorder, on the other hand, only have symptoms when they are stressed or going through a transition. People can have both conditions, and change and adjusting to new habits can exacerbate GAD. As they adjust to a life change, those with adjustment disorder often see a significant reduction in anxiety, whereas those with GAD experience anxiety on a continuous basis. Whether you have GAD or adjustment disorder, its crucial to know that help is available and that you may recover. Seeing a qualified therapist can assist you in managing your symptoms and learning coping techniques that you can apply in your daily life. A mix of therapy and anti-anxiety drugs may be able to help you regain control in some circumstances.
Top Homework Writers is here for any paper writing help you need!
We guarantee that every piece of work we produce is original. Top Homework Writers has a team of native-speaking experts who are devoted to giving you the best paper writing help. Your work will be 100% original and on time since they always adhere to your instructions, use reputable sources, and quote them appropriately. The referencing styles used by our paper writing help experts are always per university guidelines..
We are dedicated to delivering the safest online payment experience possible, guaranteed confidentiality. That is why we maintain complete confidentiality regarding our customers' orders. Customers' private information is always protected with the highest care and confidentiality. SSL data encryption ensures that all transactions with us are safe and secure, and we provide a variety of payment choices. You can trust Top Homework Writers to keep your personal information private..
Wow Customer Support
Our online support chat is available around the clock to answer any queries about the ordering paper writing help procedure. Our customer service team cares about your satisfaction and will answer any questions you may have along the way. Our experts can assist you in any way possible, whether it's assisting you in putting together the essential points that you're struggling to convey, providing advice, or writing an entire essay.
Top Notch Quality Papers
If you need an essay urgently, or you have been in the “I need help with writing a paper” mode, you can always count on the expertise of our writers to deliver. You can relax knowing that you'll acquire a high-quality paper with our paper writing help services since their arguments are well-defined and presented. We offer help in writing papers that meet or exceed the standards and criteria of colleges and universities. That's why we have a quality assurance team to ensure that our papers help writing services are of the highest quality.
We can help with urgent tasks
Whether you need help writing papers in a matter of hours or a matter of days, we can meet your deadline. All our college paper writers are full-time writers, which means that they know their way around credible scholarly sources, and they can write a lot of pages in a short time. When you work with Top Homework Writers, you can count on us to meet every deadline. To meet your deadline, we work around the clock, even if that means staying up all night..
Pay a fair price
Our paper writing help service stands out from the competition because we put the needs of our customers first and charge lower high-quality paper writing help services. With a large array of papers, customers worldwide recognize the perfect combination of price and professionalism that we offer here at tophomeworkwriters.com